Today, the Government of Ontario released the first annual report of Stepping Up: A Strategic Framework to Help Ontario’s Youth Succeed. The report is the first to develop a ‘roadmap’ to how government and service providers can help support Ontario’s youth. The report highlights key priorities and will inform decision-making, as well as program delivery and design for Ontario youth in the future.
Stepping Up is focused around seven ‘Themes of Youth Well-Being’:
- Health and Wellness
- Strong, Supportive Friends and Families
- Education, Training and Apprenticeship
- Employment and Entrepreneurship
- Diversity, Social Inclusion and Safety
- Civic Engagement and Youth Leadership
- Coordinated and Youth-Friendly Communities
The report is extremely relevant to the work PAD does, and provides great information that will help inform our work as well.